Rusty's or Rough Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty's or Rough Country

I am in the market for a lift and specifically a 4.5" and was wondering what company would provide the best lift. i like both company's but i would like some input from fellow SIS members.

Ideas are free to flow
    1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
    .,=====o00o ______________
    //___l__,\____\,___ ____
    l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

ive heard great things about both but i have never had experience with either. most of the people i wheel with use rough country for kits and stuff, but other than that for parts and brackets and things like that most use rustys. if i had the cash i wouldve gone RC. hope this helps..
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

go with rubicon express...

Comment

How much are you looking to spend? I am not a huge fan of either of those companies but if i had to choose it would be rustys over rc any day.
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

i would go with rough country over rustys

their trackbars are less likely to kill you
          their customer service is top notch, rusty basically tells you you are shit outta luck if something breaks prematurely
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

im lookin to spend between like 500 & 700
            1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
            //___l__,\____\,___ ____
            _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

for the record you should probably get an SYE for that much lift
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

my buddy has an SYE from his 96 xj part out,
                so im good with that
                //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

i run rustys, springs and shocks only, they're shocks aren't bad for the price, but after a year and a half i had to replace the fronts. the leaf packs are like seperating and actually have done some significant sagging as well. i like the coils they've mantained their height and other than being rather soft, they're not bad.

IMO spend alittle extra dough and get the rubicon express, the quality is great and you really won't regret it.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

if you do go rusty's change the centering pins right away with grade 8 and save yourself a big headache when they break on the trail

Comment

clayton or skyjacker. never a problem with either
                      94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                      3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by jeepbogger4x4 View Post
                        clayton or skyjacker. never a problem with either
                        both of which company's are above his 500 to 700 dollar price range.....

Comment

i debated between rusty's and rough country too and ended up going with rc.
                          it's been a year and i haven't had any problems, no sagging or anything..yet.
                          erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

ive run a rough country 4.5" kit for over a year and a half now and have had no problems at all. only issue i did notice was that i had terrible caster angle until recently when i added rough country control arm drop brackets, but after the year and a half the springs now have an arc to them, id assume this would happen with any springs that are left at that angle for that long... basically im suggesting you take care of your caster issues regardless of what kit you choose.
                            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

i'm go with RE , just save your money...

Comment

Working...
                              X