Regearing the Wagoneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
    LOL humm guess i had a retarded moment lol but yeah i mean id gear it just so your not like FML on the highway and it has some balls tho
    If you are able to get the RPMs with stock ratio and 33" tires with no overdrive, what numbers do I put where to get my RPM with say a new ratio, like 331, with 33s?
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

you type it all in and delete the place that told you the rpm's and then itll put the new answer in

Comment

flore
        nitro?
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

you type it all in and delete the place that told you the rpm's and then itll put the new answer in
          What is the transfer case ratio? I have the Selec-Trac transfercase.
          sigpic

Comment

if i was joe nitro i woulda spelled it floar

Comment

when your in 4 hi it is 1:1 also

Comment

I broke the calculator. It gave me a 6 digit RPM.

This is why I can't have nice things.
                sigpic

Comment

lololol

Comment

What fucking numbers are you using and which tab on the calculator?

Why the fuck is this so COMPLEX?? When I wanted to regear the XJ it was just like 'Do 456, all the cool kids are doing it'. Now that I have to figure this shit out on my own, it is like pissing in the dark, trying to hit a 1" wide hole and if I miss, I get pummeled by a giant thorn bush.
                    sigpic

Comment

LOLOL its not that hard.. go the the third one over on the right pick that one and fill out what it asks for and leave the rpm's one blank

Comment

LOLOL its not that hard.. go the the third one over on the right pick that one and fill out what it asks for and leave the rpm's one blank
                        Clearly you are doing it correctly so tell me what answers you are getting.

RPMs with 33s with both 272 and 331 gear ratios at highway speeds.
                        sigpic

Comment

33's stock gears = 1800 rpm
                          33 3.31 gears = 2190 rpm

stock tires on 2.73 =2200 rpm

All at 65 mph

Comment

So in essence, 331 ratio will give me a bit more power while not hurting or improving gas mileage by very much. It might be the way to go it seems...
                            sigpic

Comment

that what it seems like to me, but would it make that much of a difference to warrant the cost of new gears? just pointing out another side here...
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

You also have to factor in the increased rolling resistance of larger tires don't you?

I would go 3.55's if it were me, but then again I have given barely any real tech to this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X