winch mount ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch mount ideas

i just got a smokin deal on a winch and i need ideas to mount this to my bumper its a tublar stinger bumper im not to shure the bumper can handle the stress from the winch stress when pulling a load here is a pic of my bumper...

i dont know exact details of this bumper but i got it from xxtremejeep i think thats his name

if the bumper ties into the unibody properly i'd say build a winch plate off of it........ better yet get some pics of where the bumper mounts up

Comment

It would help if you showed us how the bumper was mounted. How many bolts? Where are they? How far do they tie back?
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

How it stands now you definitly need tie ins, if you want the exact dimensions on that bumper pm csaddict about it hes the one that made it

Comment

i am working on tie in plates dont worry.... i just needed to know if you think the bumper would handle it?

Comment

pretty sure that the weak link will ALWAYS be the tie in plates unless you made a pathetic bumper lol but from what i can tell with stuff ive hit and how it held up i think the bumper itself will be just fine

Comment

Originally posted by WTNFDXJ View Post
              i am working on tie in plates dont worry.... i just needed to know if you think the bumper would handle it?
              Once again we need specs on the bumper. Whats the wall thickness? Is it DOM tubing? Details man! For all I know that bumper is made out of paper towel rolls you can't tell from the picture
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

If Dave made it, chances are it is built very well with proper sized tubing and whatnot. Just throwin it out there....
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Its sched 40 pipe. It will need a mounted and reinforced mounting plate and some tie ins. The way the bumper was built, it was not intended for a winch so you building the winch plate is more important than the actual bumper.

Comment

Working...
                  X