TCase & Driveshaft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCase & Driveshaft question

Im buying Petes Tcase, it will save me the hassle of having to install the SYE on my case, and im pulling my tranny and tcase to replace my clutch anyway so it wont be a big deal to just switch out his tcase for mine. My question is, his tcase coming from a 97 auto, wont be any different than mine coming from a 97 manual will it? Same spline count?

Second question. Im buying petes front XJ dshaft out of a 97 4.0 auto d30.

I know people with 4.0/Aw4/d30 can run the front shaft in the rear. I know people with a AX-15 cannot. Would it be ok to just get the shaft lengthened , or just get a whole brand new shaft made. I would be dealing with Overland in montville. Andy / dana / corey / anyone have any experience with them ? How much might it cost me to get a dshaft lengthened.

same spline count but the input shafts are different lengths

it won't work

sye's are easy, just swap the sye onto your case and put his case back together with your old parts and sell it.

if ya can make it to any junyards some grand cherokee front shafts will work for you.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I dont know about your first question. But to give you an idea about prices at Overland Shane had a driveshaft lengthend and a second driveshaft shortened, balanced and all new u-joints. I believe it was around $300 for him.
      2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
      1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

im running ZJ front driveshaft right now, fit in no problem. if i go wheelin i carry a spare, and it fits in the rear too in a pinch. plus theres more crunched ZJs in the local JY than XJs, so theyre easier to pull crap from.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

petes is a 99 but that shouldnt matter.....but yea the input shafts are different lengths....I say do what sam said

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I have experience with overland, and they were really good, i had em install some new ujoints and lengthen a shaft as well as add the adapter needed to run the front shaft int he rear, its the flange thing out of an early 90's dakota i believe, and they did good work had it done in like 3 hours. told me it was gonna be like 150 ended up only charging me 110.

Comment

Working...
            X