clicking and grinding noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking and grinding noise

comming from the passenger side rear of the vehicle. i'm thinking its the bearing in the 44, the seal was leaking gear oil about a week ago but hasn't been since. just wanna make sure i'm on the right path here. bearing??
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

rip it apart and look

Comment

if a wheel bearing is so bad its clickin and grinding, jack up the axle and you should be able to pull the tire up and around ervery which way.
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        if a wheel bearing is so bad its clickin and grinding, jack up the axle and you should be able to pull the tire up and around ervery which way.
        this...also if a bearing is bad it will be loud as hell. It will sound like you are running a bogger or something haha

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
          this...also if a bearing is bad it will be loud as hell. It will sound like you are running a bogger or something haha
          GREAT

because whenever i blew out a wheel bearing i couldnt hear it growling over the loudness of my tires lol.

Its when the bearing began falling apart and either burning up my gear oil or locking up causing my jeep to jerk on the highway when i noticed it.

one time i noticed it around town and could hear pieces of the bearing fall out and rattle in my drum
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Maybe your attempt at "Smoothie" had something to do with this. especailly seeing as you had a bad seal lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              GREAT

because whenever i blew out a wheel bearing i couldnt hear it growling over the loudness of my tires lol.

Its when the bearing began falling apart and either burning up my gear oil or locking up causing my jeep to jerk on the highway when i noticed it.

one time i noticed it around town and could hear pieces of the bearing fall out and rattle in my drum
              hahahahahaha I guess thats what happens when you run something loud like IROKS

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

the wheel bearing in the bronco when it went was clicking so much i heard it in my jeep behind him on the highway. take a look see, most likely is your problem
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

better check your shafts matt...... lolz
                  93 xj blue with a hint of tree bark - Dead
                  90 xj pos blue renix - Gone
                  95 xj green - Soon to be 3", 33's, ford 9", JCR stage II sliders, some skids

Comment

lol it's deff the bearing, it's loud as fuck and theres gear oil dripping out from behind the drum whenever its parked.

i'm gonna pull the shaft ( ) tommorrow and replace everything
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                    X