gauge cluster swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge cluster swap.

Im swaping out my gauges on my jeep and i was wondering if its bad for the speedo gears or w/e to roll them manually so I can get up to the same miles i have? Anything else I should know about the swap?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Im assuming you are swapping from the lame dummy gauge setup to a cluster that shows the oil pressure, engine temp, battery, fuel, rpm and mph. I did the same thing but the engine temp gauge and oil pressure gauge appear to be screwy. Not sure if its just my jeep but you may run into that issue.

As for the odometer i dont know what to do with that.

Comment

I read a write up on NAXJA and you have to change the oil pressure sensor and the temp sensor.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101116
      -Caleb

Comment

i just read that. interesting. ill have to look for the back one and swap that with my grey jeeps one along with the oil sending unit. i figured it was the oil pressure sender in that case.
        Last edited by crosbike; 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have to go buy the sensors. I just swapped the gauges and said srew it ill right down the original milage.
          -Caleb

Comment

You should be able to roll the odometer, as long as you only plan on advancing, I'm not sure that if your going back it'll be fine
            dirty30

Comment

who's to say you couldn't "advance it" passed 999999 and bring it back down to low miles. the inner carsalesman is coming out in me
              2 tj's
              3 yj's
              2 xj's
              i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

I have the speedo from my old 87 xj and you can roll the odometer with a drill, dunno if that will work on yours.
                Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                X