running problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running problem

My jeep is running like shit. When I start it up you can hold your hand by the tailpipe and feel the exhaust pulsing as it comes out and it will pop out the intake occasionally when under acceleration. Plugs are good, wires are good, cap and rotor are also good. The kicker is, once it warms up and has been at normal temp for like 5 mins of driving, it all goes away and runs fine.

I was dicking around unplugging sensors while it was running to see if any of em changed it. Unplugged the manifold air temp one and it ran worse, unplugged the IAC and it didn't change the way it was running much. I found that to be strange.

My only other guess is the coolant temp sensor. On the renix that controls the amount of fuel the computer sends. I have to bust out the voltmeter tomorrow and see if any sensors are fucked. But does anyone else have an idea of what might cause my issue? If it was just running like shit full time I would guess the dizzy was bad but the issue completely clears up.

sorry for the essay.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Good luck on figuring it out.

Comment

www.lunghd.com

every renix problem is there

Comment

i would assume the coolant temp sensor as well. seeing as once it warms up its fine. youre heading in the right direction it sounds.. good luck
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

checked the coolant temp sensor and the manifold air temp sensor with the multimeter, bother checked out fine, and were doing their jobs. My only other guess is TPS or IAC, then it's goin to the mechanic. I need this bitch to be good to go by september
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

I put in a new o2 sensor, now it gets to the running better stage faster, but still has the misfire on start up. I'm thinking I have a fuel issue. Going to check that sometime soon.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

either distro or CPS going bad.

Comment

Thats def. not a coolant temp sensor. I would pull the plugs again just to see if one is fouled out
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

on our chevy we had the same problem, when first started if you tried to accelerate it would pop and bog down for a sec. We replaced the wires, cap, and rotor and it's running like a champ
                  God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

so i took a ride in my friend's powerstroke today that we KNOW needs injectors, and it runs the exact same way my jeep does. It is seriously identical. Runs like shit on start up same as mine and then as it gets warm it cleans up. Also since most of my friends are mustang guys there happens to be several sets of 5.0 19# injectors laying around which I can pick up to the tune of $20. Anyone think that injectors could cause my issue? It seems like it to me. And even if it doesn't fix it those injectors are an upgrade from stock anywho.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

mustang injectors tomorrow.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

well it wasn't injectors and the spark is fine so I'm thinking CPS. Dave I hope you are right.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

well my jeep is fucked. Low compression on cylinders 1 and two, still has a misfire. But I found that my EGR was messed up and that was causing the stalling issues I've had since I've owned it. So at this point I don't know what I'm gunna do.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                            well my jeep is fucked. Low compression on cylinders 1 and two, still has a misfire. But I found that my EGR was messed up and that was causing the stalling issues I've had since I've owned it. So at this point I don't know what I'm gunna do.
                            pete is selling a motor

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i've got a 4.0 and AW4 out of a 95ish XJ you can have for dirt cheap

it's been sitting outside for a while though

Comment

Working...
                              X