Body Lift Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift Problem

Just installed a 1" poly body lift on my TJ. After install was complete my steering is ultra hard. I checked power steering fluid and all lines everything looks in order. There was quite a bit of tweeking needed to bring the body in line with the new body mounts.

The only thing I can think of is that the problem may be in the steering columb is there some sort of adjustment needed?

Any suggestions would be awesome.
    99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

i know when i body lifted my gmc i had to put a spacer in the steering shaft. but that was a 3 inch kit. i dunno how TJs work ive never done one. I feel that its only 1 inch it prob shouldnt make a difference.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Forgot to mention I have a 4" suspension lift already installed. Could this come into play? Do I need a steering extension of some kind?
      99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Comment

there is a slip joint in the steering shaft with a allen head bolt in he engine compartment. loosen the allen head bolt and the shaft should pull out a little bit, thats what was needed on mine.

Comment

I recently noticed this same thing on my XJ with 3" of lift?
          06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

you have a 3" body lift on your cherokee?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
              That would be fucking epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
                should of got the procomp 5" one
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Thanks Pete, I will give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                    should of got the procomp 5" one
                    thats what adam has...he said he loves it

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      there is a slip joint in the steering shaft with a allen head bolt in he engine compartment. loosen the allen head bolt and the shaft should pull out a little bit, thats what was needed on mine.
                      ^THIS
                      Originally posted by Fast Orange
                      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

I ended up raising the pillow bearing mount about 1/2 inch, that solved all my problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X