Motor mount lift on an xj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor mount lift on an xj

before everyone tells me it is not needed let me fill you in.

1-My tranny mount is about 2" higher than stock
    which in turn has my driveshaft output higher than stock pointing slightly up. a lower driveline angle will benefit me as little as it will help.

2-My jeep is low, I have large tires, I like to go fast. I am properly bumpstopped but my truss (sits about 2.5" above the axle tube under the oil pan) has contacted the oil pan, and with enough force to dent the bearing cradle inside making contact with my crankshaft (not a fun noise) everything else clears just fine and the truss is staying.

3- I need motor mounts and a tranny mount anyway

any complications I would see? I no longer have a fan shrould and it cools just fine on the hottest days on the trail anyway.
    I can make the exhaust work

I have heard the valvecover would hit the hood, and it will be close, but if there is an issue i noticed a structural part of the hood is right at the tallest part of the valvecover and could be trimmed if needed.

thoughts?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

i say go for it. all seem like good reasons to me

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i did a MML on my jeep and it now clears with no BL, but its a TJ.

i say go for it, just remember to loosen your tranny mount bolts, loosen both MM and do one side at a time. and just have a second set of eyes there so when you jack up the motor they can look for any clearance issues or anything getting pinched.

not to insult your intelligence but just had to throw that stuff out there
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

hopefully the tranny and t-case will be out when i do this. i plan on doing a bunch of shit at once and gettin it over with

Comment

watch out for tranny tunnel clearance issues.. you have it all tucked as it is, will the MML still clear the electricals that run down the hump? tcase, tranny, CPS sensor will clear? not get crushed?

Comment

there appears to be enough room, i can make the electrical shit run down the side

but if i ever have to replace my cps ill be dropping the crossmember

Comment

just make sure that cps clears.. you know if it's out of spec position at all you aren't going to turn over. that is the biggest thing in my mind about this situation so far.

Comment

as far as valve covers clearancing go, you should have plenty of room, I would actually remove the burn-off oil vent tube thing, and move it to the side of the valve cover. I sat on the hood when we were wheeling arches natl park and noticed later on, I had basically crushed only that vent tube.

Comment

honestly my best advice would be to contact customcrationsllc, if anyone here could offer you some info or ideas id be him. he does some sick shit that ive never seen other ppl do. nasty fabricator.
                  #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

I didn't even know these existed, good idea and sure would open up some room for us lowriders.

Try it so I can see how I like it. Why not just make one? Seems like a lot of cake for some steel with holes in it.

Comment

Waaay, back when my X had her 97 Tj with the 4.0 it had a 1" motor mount lift and high tranny and ti was 110% perfect, no issues.
                      Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                        I didn't even know these existed, good idea and sure would open up some room for us lowriders.

Try it so I can see how I like it. Why not just make one? Seems like a lot of cake for some steel with holes in it.
                        oh and don't forget... some rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post

because i would rather not pull my engine to figure out where to drill the holes and how much plate i would need and what have you not

Comment

Sam.. could you work off a model? I think I have rustys motor mounts sitting around somewhere..

Comment

im good

Comment

Working...
                              X