ZJ 60/40 split seat for the rear of the XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ 60/40 split seat for the rear of the XJ

I know Sam did this and i figure i'd ask him, but i might as well make it a tech thread so others can see as well when he or someone else chimes in here..
    how 'hard' is this? aka, what kinda work do i have to do to get this seat in? i can source one for 30 bucks....(or a WJ one for 50)only issue is its on my way to OER, so i was considering grabbing it and just putting it in there..

i have no idea what mods you have to do to bracketry if any at all..or whatever else.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

from what i have read on it you only need to drill some holes in the seat brackets.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
      from what i have read on it you only need to drill some holes in the seat brackets.
      ZJ is more direct "bolt in." x2 on what RJ said, you just need to drill a few holes, maybe add a self-tapping bolt in a place or two for kicks. WJ one will work as well but it has a longer bottom (read: loss of legroom) and the sides need to be trimmed and the brackets need more modification.

Comment

i see...

roger this roger that
        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

you need to drill holes for the seat brackets (supa easy and they havent cracked around them on my xj, but i am cracked in the general area not from the holes though)

and cut some slits in the inside sheet metal crossmember deely.

rear legroom sucks, but it works, i have had people back there for whole days wheeling and they havent complained
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i aint too concerned about rear legroom, i do wanna do the upright spare though in that spot maybe..

so just drillin, that aint too shabby. maybe not OER friendly though
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

when you do your 4 doorless thing yo tire will be like "oh hai" out the door
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

well maybe i wouldnt do it then..
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

WJ is not going to fit very well, its wider then the Zj seat. I tried it and had it been 1" narrower i could have made ti fit but it would have never fit properly and folded properly w/o alot more fussing and struggling to get it in. ZJ FTW.
                  Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                  X