Audio question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio question?

If i had subs with a max power of 750w's can i use a bigger amp, say 1000w?
    4x4 Station Wagon...

You can turn the output level down and it will work
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

amps say obnoxious things like that on them, especially cheap ones, but thats peak power, not RMS power. if its 1000w peak, its probably ~450-600 RMS.

what are you trying to set up?

Comment

well im buying sams subs and need a amp to go along with them. they have 750 max power but while looking for amps i thought that it wouldn't make sense to buy a low powered amp. So i would buy a bigger amp to have the option of upgrading in the future with out buying a new amp.
        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

so, thats 750W peak power each, meaning 1500W peak max total power. depending on the type of box you build/buy, and the type of bass you want, you dont need more than that.. ever.. unless youre trying to be loud and obnoxious. LA makes some good stuff, so they dont need to be pushed very hard to make good bass. even if youre getting a bandpass box to make it as loud as humanly possibly, an amp that drives 500x2 RMS is more than enough.

Comment

k thanks
            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Just don't be that guy, the one who's subs are lubriciously loud with out touching the mids or highs. They are the same ones who have it obnoxiously loud in traffic pissing everyone around them off.
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

so what size amp do you guys recommend?
                4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

how much are you willing to spend?

Comment

well, you cant beat this one.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPM...tml?o=v&tp=115

Comment

well im not looking to spend much, prob going to look for used ones and off amazon. but just kinda want to know what size. Im looking for something to go boom when i want it to but i dont want to sound like an asshole every time i listen to a hip hop track.
                      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

get that alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                          x2 i ran it and it worked great
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                          X