Urgent Help Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed!!!

Ok Ladies........Ive got SweetNicas Jeep in my driveway and Ive got a problem. The passenger rear shock bolt was loose and I was able to unscrew it by hand. Now it wont thread back in. Its not the bolt b/c I bought a new longer bolt and it wont thread either. Any ideas???? TIA.....
    Last edited by Beerman; 07-19-2009, 01:37 PM.
    - 99TJ 4.0 4.5 RE springs, Clayton 5in LA stretch, GenRight Armor, 35x12.50 bfg mt, currie hp9 rear w/ 35 spline detroit, hp44 w/ arb and 4340 axles, k/n fipk, banks headers, warn xd9000i

Front or rear shock??

If its the front just through bolt it.

If its the rear, what I did was drill and tap it to the next size.
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

the 2 bar pin bolts on the body?
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

use self tappers

Comment

zipties?

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys....it was the rear shock on the axle mount - not the body mount. Finally got it thru. Is there supposed to be a nut on the end of the bolt?? I put one on each side b/c there wasnt when I was under there.
            Last edited by Beerman; 07-19-2009, 02:25 PM.
            - 99TJ 4.0 4.5 RE springs, Clayton 5in LA stretch, GenRight Armor, 35x12.50 bfg mt, currie hp9 rear w/ 35 spline detroit, hp44 w/ arb and 4340 axles, k/n fipk, banks headers, warn xd9000i

Comment

um

its a stud

slide shock eye over stud and tighten nut.

someone changed something along the line if you had a bolt

Comment

The shock mount on the axle itself was threaded.....And no nut on the end of the bolt.....
                Last edited by Beerman; 07-19-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  The shock mount on the axle itself was threaded.....And no nut on the end of the bolt.....
                  yea, not stock

someone went in there and made things different for whatever reason

Comment

Working...
                  X