antiwrap perches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antiwrap perches

financial sitch changed and i can keep the yj now. so i'm planning a soa build for it with an 8.8.

original plan was cut and reweld the spring perches but i'm worried about axle wrap. theres anti-wrap spring perches for sale. anybody know what the difference is and if they work?

i could go the antiwrap bar but that limits flex and overall can make the jeep handle weird on the road(ie front axle wants to go one way but bar wont let back axle follow)
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

i have em

they is good product.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
      i could go the antiwrap bar but that limits flex and overall can make the jeep handle weird on the road(ie front axle wants to go one way but bar wont let back axle follow)
      um... waaa????
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

yeah a well built anti-wrap bar should not interfere with suspension travel at all. research some more
        Originally posted by Fast Orange
        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

i can't find the link now but i read online kilby, m.o.r.e, and this other guy built an antiwrap bar that sits on top of the housing and is in teh center of the axle due to the fact that the bar on the side limits travel and makes the jeep handle weird on the road. but their design required a truss and a lil more fabrication than i want to do so i just wanted to avoid the bar all together if possible

the jeep will be loosing dd status anyway so hoping the perches can make up the difference offroad
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

that sounds silly. antiwraps are two points on the axle, one on the frame

Comment

ghetto but works http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...ntiwrapbar.htm
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                that sounds silly. antiwraps are two points on the axle, one on the frame
                ive seen them with one point on the axle too. dont know how well it works but wildhorses4x4.com has one.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...Trap/rear_axle
                2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

the ones over the axle are ok, but will cause the front of the springs want to compress under hard acceleration.

the ones under the axle work better, but hog ground clurrance

the ones that have 2 points on the axle to one shackle on the body are the best for our applications
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

ive got the M.O.R.E antiwrap perches on my YJ w/ rubicon express SOA springs and being locked frt and rear i dont really get hardly any axlewrap...although you do gotta use a little finesse,though...
                    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
                    X