jeep runs really crappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep runs really crappy

Ok ill try and explain this best i can. after i drive my jeep for about 2 hrs nonstop it will only run if i stay on the throttle and the air box gets oil in it i cant explain it well on here but. i went to wet mores jeep and they had no clue what it could be. I was soo pissed i got to mass ready to wheel and the jeep wouldnt run with out an effort to keep it running and it had like no power at all. i was hoping i just got some bad gas or something till i opened the hood and found my air intake with oil in it can any one help please.

a clogged air filter can do that.

take the air filter out and see how it runs then

check the easy things first
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

runs like shit because your air filter is clogged with oil. Generally when you get oil in the intake its an indication that your PCV valve is clogged.

Like sam said take the air filter out and see if it runs better.
      Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

already checked that and i went to get a new pvc valve and was told my jeep doesnt have one but im pretty shure it does.

Comment

No results found for shure:
          Did you mean Shire (in dictionary) or Shure (in reference)?'
          maybe you should sell it and get a prius.
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

maybe you should shut up ever think of that ?????? if you havent you should

Comment

i really fucking hope you go to the meet and greet. i do not need to shut up i think that you need to shut the fuck up do some research then post. stop putting yourself on invisible it only adds fuel to the fire when you post. you ask a question and got an answer. we do not need a follow up on your stupid shit. it would be one thing if you tried it and it did not work.

also you want to fight ryan hahahaha
              Last edited by Magilla; 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM.
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
                already checked that and i went to get a new pvc valve and was told my jeep doesnt have one but im pretty shure it does.
                Last i knew it was a dealer only part. Did you try taking the air filter out and seeing how it runs?

If you want help you need to work with us and give some better information.
                Last edited by blakdot; 07-09-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I wish we wouldn't spam the tech section. I like to lurk it.
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

you don't have a pcv valve

you have a fixed orifice
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

right thanks for correcting me... It is still Crankcase ventilation and does the same job.

Comment

I did take the filter out it did not help but you could see the oil in the intake. Im trying with the info and stuff and working with you guys but then there are people like raze that no matter how well my post are they screw with them and mess things up. it just pisses me off if you don't like my post or care don't respond to them. And thanks to all of you who are trying to help and being nice about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
                          Ok ill try and explain this best i can. after i drive my jeep for about 2 hrs nonstop it will only run if i stay on the throttle and the air box gets oil in it i cant explain it well on here but. i went to wet mores jeep and they had no clue what it could be. I was soo pissed i got to mass ready to wheel and the jeep wouldnt run with out an effort to keep it running and it had like no power at all. i was hoping i just got some bad gas or something till i opened the hood and found my air intake with oil in it can any one help please.
                          I'll be nice here. Stop putting irrelevant information in your posts like "i went to wet mores jeep and they had no clue what it could be." That will only confuse the reader on what wet mores is and has nothing to do with what you are trying to say. Best way of putting it is "after driving my jeep for extended periods of time it will not idle unless i am using the throttle. I also noticed that there was oil in my air box but i can not explain how that happened. It also felt as if the jeep had no power when i gave it gas." For an easier diagnoses we would need a little more information.
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

josh, theyre just busting ur balls dude
                            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

to help with the diagnosis he told me he may have sucked some water in.
                              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X