Driveshaft/ yoke ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft/ yoke ideas

alright... i have one problem i haven't really figured out yet with my 14 bolt swap and that is what to do for a rear driveshaft...

Right now i run a stock front shaft with the 1310 size joint, but to my knowledge i don't know of any company that sells a 14 bolt yoke in the 1310 variety. I actually dont even know what size u joint the stock 14 bolt takes.

1 idea is a possible conversion u joint that would work, but i have no idea where to find that, if they even make one...

so pretty much im looking for any ideas other than having a new shaft made, as i am trying to save a couple of bucks on this section.

Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

the 14 bolt uses a 1410 joint i believe, i'll look for the link of the measurements to figure it out

you could probably find a 1350 yoke, and run a 1310-1350 conversion joint which i found locally through levines
    Last edited by Even; 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

taken from pirate-

Looking at the yoke, if you measure the outside of the ears heres a few numbers to help you out.....

1310 measures 3.219 or 3 7/32"
      1330 measures 3.625 or 3 5/8"
      1350 measures 3.625 or 3 5/8"
      1410 measures 4.188 or 4 3/16"
      1480 is the same as 1410 however the caps and pilot diameter change
      1550 measure 4.97 or Pretty much 5"

Cap diameters are as follows
      1310=1.062
      1330=1.062
      1350=1.188
      1410=1.188
      Last edited by Even; 07-07-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

gonna run an np321 for now?

if you have future plans you could run a bastard joint in back.

with low axle gears, driveshaft ujoint strength is no worry to me, and i just buy $20 spare stock shafts with 1310's from the junkyard. if something wears out in one, be it the slip joint, slight bend or u joint, i just swap in another shaft.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

In my opinion, a 1310 yoke on a stock driveshaft spinning a 14 bolt and big meats isnt going to last. It comes with a 1350 stock and the ujoint straps are as weak as all the articles say. I say get a 1410 yoke and new shaft if you can afford it.
          88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

if you need it spicer makes tons of conversion joints that are usually in stopck at any levines auto parts stores
            1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
              if you need it spicer makes tons of conversion joints that are usually in stopck at any levines auto parts stores
              holy fuckin old batman.... my jeep is done and going.... hahahahah
              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
              some people choose video games
              some choose projects
              some choose welding random things together

Comment

lol i was gonna say "how the fuck is he driving it with a 1310 joint in a 1410 yoke!?"
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                X