Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping noise while steering

On my zj.

Ever since I had that midnight excursion resulting in a blown tire, my zj makes a loud popping noise sometimes while making corners. It only does it when making opposite corners, never when I make two left hand or right hand corners in a row if that makes any sense. I can feel it through the steering wheel, and on the ground through my feet like something binds then releases.

I originally thought it was the trac bar but I didn't really feel any play near the body mount side when I quickly looked at it.

sounds like trac bar mount frame side. try snugging those bolts up some more.
    99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

my jeep does that. track bar related for sure.

Comment

I guess i'm too much of a nancy to get any play out of it myself

Comment

have someone turn the wheel when you are looking and you will see some play

Comment

x3 on the tracbar. mine does that about every so often then i have to tighten it up
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Trac bar delete!
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Mine does it too.
                I ignore it because my jeep still drives.
                Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                  Mine does it too.
                  I ignore it because my jeep still drives.
                  you would.

Comment

hahaha.

Being unmotivated is the fucking devil.

Seriously.
                    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                      have someone turn the wheel when you are looking and you will see some play
                      X2... do a dry park test, have someone turn the wheel back and forth while your looking at it. Really hard to see freeplay in things by trying to wiggle it with your hands.
                      Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

kinda hard to move the front end of a multi ton vehicle without assistance.

Comment

Working...
                        X