tj lift tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj lift tech

how high can u go before needing control arms?

do xj control arms work on tj's? quadratec has the same arm for xj n tj's but i read on here i think they're not interchangable
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

I thought the tj arms needed the special cam bolt slots, but I could be wrong
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
      I thought the tj arms needed the special cam bolt slots, but I could be wrong
      has nothing to do with the actual control arm. xj and tj fronts are the same

with any jeep i wouldnt go above 4" with shortarms

stock control arms WILL WORK up to about 4", but the uppers are prone to tacoing and your axles may be pulled back into the wheel openings a bit
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        has nothing to do with the actual control arm. xj and tj fronts are the same

with any jeep i wouldnt go above 4" with shortarms

stock control arms WILL WORK up to about 4", but the uppers are prone to tacoing and your axles may be pulled back into the wheel openings a bit
        x2, and dont go above 3 on stock lowers.

Comment

yea i have 4" suspension lift on my TJ then another 3.25" tire clearance from highline but had stock upper's. Eventually my front stock upper's had enough on a trail run and this is how They ended up.

drivers side upper - twisted in half and broken into 2 pieces

close to same fate on passenger upper
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              sweet tires!

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                sweet tires!
                nice catch there corey
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

not really

h he just remembers this pic

Comment

bah. i really doubt i'd do long arms. maybe way down the road but they're just too expensive. i really only want 3-3.5" of lift but the crown vic/xj springs set up shane is running is the way i'd prob go and it nets 4".

anybody know of lesser doll hair options for fixed lca's? only doing this once so dont need the adjustability
                    Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 06-30-2009, 02:35 AM.
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

Comment

finding a used set or maybe see if someone has the knowledge and skill to fab some up for you ? you need something other then stock for sure. The Lower control's get hung up once and awhile very easily.
                      eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

i built an adjustable set of lowers before.

once all was said and done it cost me almost as much as it would have if i bought them

currie jhonny joints, superride builder bushings, threaded inserts jam nut and the dom

then add paint and the welding

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
                          bah. i really doubt i'd do long arms. maybe way down the road but they're just too expensive. i really only want 3-3.5" of lift but the crown vic/xj springs set up shane is running is the way i'd prob go and it nets 4".

anybody know of lesser doll hair options for fixed lca's? only doing this once so dont need the adjustability
                          cant have your cake and eat it too. are you doing a SYE? if so you at least need adj. rear uppers. i would look for a used set of adj. short arms on neow.org or something. i sold mine for cheap when i went to long arms
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                            cant have your cake and eat it too. are you doing a SYE? if so you at least need adj. rear uppers. i would look for a used set of adj. short arms on neow.org or something. i sold mine for cheap when i went to long arms
                            trying to avoid the sye. i prob sound real cheap haha. i just have other things i want to spend money on than a jeep right now but dont mind tossing a couple bucks at it. i'm not trying to make anything crazy. i figured a 3" lift with lower control arms would be sufficient. and avoid the sye if possible.

the plan is a rocky mt tj with the d44 in the rear, 3"lift and 33's. and once the ones i have wear out a jks 1.25" body lift, 35's and a locker in the rear.
                            2 tj's
                            3 yj's
                            2 xj's
                            i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Cool. Then just rock it as is. Then just upgrade as you need to
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                              X