Altima tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altima tech

I know alot of you guys make a living working on cars so I need so e input on my girlfriends 97 altima. Firstly it makes a heavy ratlling noise when on medium trottle, as in just maintaining your speed, which goes away it you give it more gas or none at all, which leads me to think possibly a motor/transmission mount as it's fwd. The noise is far from healthy sounding, just wondering what your ideas where cuz I'm ready to send it to the yard.

Ps, the sound is best described as a fast dukaduka, if you understand my retard
    dirty30

my jeep does that too and it's the exhaust
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

needs moar jdm
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
        needs moar jdm
        qft

first thought was heat shields from me as well. rip them off and keep on drivin it till it really dies
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
          my jeep does that too and it's the exhaust
          x2 my zj does it bad

Comment

I'll check the exhaust, but something about the way it kinds shakes the car makes me think it's a mount gone bad, were looking for a new vehicle for her, she is just set on using the failtima until it gets past 200k
            dirty30

Comment

does it sound like the engine is making a noise? or just like something is loose

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

bring it to a shop and ask them if they could have someone look at it and write up a quote for repair.... Then you know what it is and how much money you'll save fixing it yourself
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                  bring it to a shop and ask them if they could have someone look at it and write up a quote for repair.... Then you know what it is and how much money you'll save fixing it yourself
                  most shops will still charge for diag. though.
                  99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

my girlfreinds did the same thing.... it was the timing chain....

Comment

It doesn't sound like the engine itself is making noise, it kinda feel like the rotational torque on the engine/transaxle is causing movement forward to back, I just can't figure out what could be loose
                      dirty30

Comment

Working...
                      X