Fuel filter??? WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter??? WTF

I changed out my fuel pump today and i wanted to change the fuel filter but cant find it... Has anyone ever changed a FF on 97 +xj???
    DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

isnt this on top of the tank or in it? you got to drop the tank to get to it iirc
    Last edited by Magilla; 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Yeah i did research on the web... the guy at the parts store must have gave me the wrong filter. He thought it mounted up on the frame i guess sum ma da beech

Comment

there is no external fuel filter. It just uses the sock filter on the pickup which you probably replaced with the pump.
        99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

ok thanks maybe its the fuel pressure regulator??? Still only 9 lbs of fuel pressure after i changed the pump.??

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy XJ View Post
            Yeah i did research on the web... the guy at the parts store must have gave me the wrong filter. He thought it mounted up on the frame i guess sum ma da beech
            yep he gave you the old one. Mine's on the frame
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            X