• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aw4/toyota hybrid tranny

What would i get out of it?

How much would it run me?

is it just a valvebody swap?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

no only thing changed in the valve body is the shift soleniods. it has clutch packs from a 94 toyota t100 3.4 v6 a304e tranny now you know
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

thats it?

i have heard of people doing valvebody swaps.

so what do you get out of it?

less mushy shifts?

Comment

it was an experiment i did while i was working at a transmission shop. 1 less "mushy" shifts runs a higher line pressure 2 it doesnt seem to run as hot which is weird due to the line pressure. they are basically the same transmission the toyota has stronger internals
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

good to know

thanks

Comment

just cause it was you asking
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

there is someone who will rebuild the entire valve body on an AW4/A340, will's bff bryson found him. essentially, they do what RJ said except to a more advanced degree. you can mod the valve bodies yourself in the driveway. this is something im gonna be doing on my next jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518006

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...uto.shtml#main

Comment

bump read that and the valve bodies are easy to do. just a few pointers if you do them. 1 get the blue assembly lube that dissipates with heat 2 take your time 3 get the toyota shift solenoids except torque converter lock up, the ones you want to change are the 2nd on back on the drivers side and the one at the back of the transmission on the valve body.
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                X