reusing stock fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reusing stock fender flares

Any one have any ideas i want to reuse my stock xj fenderflares. I have been looking around. If you guys know of any cool ideas that look nice let me know please. thanks

weld them on

Comment

i would like bushwackers but dont have the money and weld them on i hope your kidding

Comment

no see to weld them on you set the heat about half way turn the gas all the way up linger on the metal and quickly touch the flare with the electrode
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

i trimmed my fenders and drilled new holes and remounted them with SS hardware on my old jeep. worked well.

Comment

do you have any pics of it ?

Comment

Thats kinda what i planned on doing except the back flares are going to be hard to move up not much room.

Comment

this is the best i have. you can see the holes in the fender area right above the trimming. this is after i ripped them off. I had steel quarter panel guards in the rear with integrated flares so that doesnt help you

Comment

I used some for mine. Looked like ass so I took em off. Here's what I did though...

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

zip ties

SOO MUCH FABRICATION
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

you should start multiposting instead of making 8 tech threads for 8 questions. but zip ties, bolts, wing nuts. just focus on getting them trimmed corectly first. and like i said. DO NOT do your rear cut your self. get some one on the board to help you
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Hey how about you go out and try to just be creative and make something that works and might actually not look like ass?? Or post it up on sis where we are all gonna be dicks about it.
                        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

i ziptied mine on and it works get... i rubbed up on a tree and the zip ties broke causing no damage to the body
                          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

ok i know what im going to do now.when im done ill try and get pics up and ryan when i cut the rear i might give you a call how bad is the back to do ?

Comment

if you trim too far, you will have a large gap and the strength of your unibody would be comprimised
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X