what would cause...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would cause...

my driver side to sit lower than the pass side.. RC sent me a new leaf spring and still sitting lower... i noticed my shackles are almost all the way back in the box.. im thinkin i should get the relocation kit mentioned here before.. what else should I look for? this shits annoying
    Last edited by WTNFDXJ; 06-17-2009, 10:45 PM.

its only the rear sitting lower? or the whole side

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

only the rear the front is purfect its only the driver side

Comment

hmm..go and visually check the arch of your spring packs...if it seems they have the same arch (from what you can tell) then it's gotta be a mount or bushing issue..if it seems they arent arched the same, RC just sucks and sent you a bad pack...

also...are you running any kind of ridiculous weight in the jeep to cause this problem? and are the shackle angles are the same?

andd...are your springs wrapping at all?
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Well Nicole you seem to be the leaf spring guru today. I didn't know you had that in you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
            hmm..go and visually check the arch of your spring packs...if it seems they have the same arch (from what you can tell) then it's gotta be a mount or bushing issue..if it seems they arent arched the same, RC just sucks and sent you a bad pack...

also...are you running any kind of ridiculous weight in the jeep to cause this problem? and are the shackle angles are the same?

andd...are your springs wrapping at all?
            basically what nicole is asking is "are you fat?"
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              basically what nicole is asking is "are you fat?"
              sam, don't be a jackass
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

well rough country sent me another spring and it did the same thing... the driver side is somewhat flat already... the shackle is all the way back in the box(also bushing is froze) the shackle is like spring loaded now.. in the trunk i have a spare tire 30" a small sub. and a impact gun and a small tool box.. no axle wrap... i get a pop coming from the bushing area it seems... and im 260lbs

Comment

try and cycle the bushing and see what kinda play is there...if the leaf pack is flat on the new set, something is up with the pack...or the shackles/bushings are toasted in some way...are both sides the same? (for the shackles)
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

if he has a new leaf pack i would sure hope the bushings are good

jeep was never rearended and/or repaired right?

one of my upper shackle bushings is non existant, but i don't notice the half inch lower it sits on that, doesn't make any noise either and i'm too lazy to fix it

Comment

if he has a new leaf pack i would sure hope it didnt sit flat upon installation also

Comment

jeep was never rearended and/or repaired right?

one of my upper shackle bushings is non existant, but i don't notice the half inch lower it sits on that, doesn't make any noise either and i'm too lazy to fix it
                        the only time it was "hit" was when i was pulled outa the mud and hit a tree on the corner of the bumper not tobad

Comment

stock shackles?
                          full pack or add a leaf?

Comment

stock shackles and full brand new leafs.. i have pics coming

Comment

brand new leaf like 2 weeks old

new driver

org pass

driver shackle;

pass

pass side

driver

and damage

Comment

Working...
                              X