Planning New Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning New Lift

Well currently I'm running a RC 3 in AAL lift. the rear is sagging like a bitch and the right side is starting to droop some. So my thoughts are... buying a new 4.5 full packs Rustys Lift. Or use what i currently have and build from that. S10 springs, coils spacers, etc. The RE or something on that level. But as a 17 year old with seasonal jobs, thats way out of budget. I still need money for a SYE and tires. Oh, I'm hoping to run 35's. And yes i'm a bit of a noob so please no flamming. Any info is appreciated thanks
    4x4 Station Wagon...

just letting you know rustys stuff might look cheaper but wait til you see the shipping
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Get some 3inch springs a 1.5 inch shackle and some puck for the front. O shocks too.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        Get some 3inch springs a 1.5 inch shackle and some puck for the front. O shocks too.
        x2 then when you can buy 4.5" coils. all of these parts you can find used for good prices usually
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

yea part of the reason i was looking at the kit was because it came with lots of extras. Such as LCA's, Extended brake line kit, T-case drop, adj. track bar, etc. so with that in mind should i stil take your advise and piece it all together. oh, and since I am fairly new to all this and have pieced anything together, just bought the original kit and installed it. I also want to make sure i dont get in over my head trying to piece it together. I dont want to end up spend almost as much with more hassle
          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

is all that comes with the kit completely necessary. if not what is.
            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

if you are set on a full 4.5" kit i recommend waiting and saving up for the RE superflex or something of that nature. if you can find a longarm kit that would be ideal, it rides 1000 times better at that height. piecing it together can be done cheaply and with quality parts if done right but if you don't trust your judgement on that get a full kit
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

RE 4.5" kit... cant go wrong there. I'll never go cheap again, its just fucking useless in the end.. the parts suck.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  RE 4.5" kit... cant go wrong there. I'll never go cheap again, its just fucking useless in the end.. the parts suck.
                  x2, i'm sick of my lift
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

I understand that, but honestly theres no possible way I am getting an RE lift. Its a grand with out shocks and i just dont have that kind of money. If i dint need sye, tires and etc. then that could work but not any time soon. If i went with rustys, would it ast at least a few years. I dont wheel that much and when i do its not advanced. So the beatin that it will take on the trail isnt hardcore.
                    4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                      I understand that, but honestly theres no possible way I am getting an RE lift. Its a grand with out shocks and i just dont have that kind of money. If i dint need sye, tires and etc. then that could work but not any time soon. If i went with rustys, would it ast at least a few years. I dont wheel that much and when i do its not advanced. So the beatin that it will take on the trail isnt hardcore.
                      doesnt matter.. my rusty's leafs blew the bushings after 6 months and after a year, 1 PAP and 1 RC trip, nothing harder than a low blue, the leafs swung like chimps in a tree and the shocks did nothing. you get what you pay for.

now that I have good quality shit in my jeep I enjoy it, and know that it wont get fucked. im waiting for some cash to do leafs so I can smelt these rusty's ones down to bricks and throw them at rusty.

then im getting some nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                        Then piece together a good lift with used parts, you will wheel on rusty's junk for like 2 trips, and end up wanting to replace pretty much the entire kit.

FWIW i have heard pretty good stuff about rough country's lifts lately.

Comment

i really have no problem with my rustys leafs and springs. though after the rediculous shipping costs it is still a grand. plus their control arms you will replace. DO NOT run their trac bar. rustys does not come with upper arms either which you will have to buy.... it's cheaper to buy the RE kit
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            it's cheaper to buy the RE kit
                            correct.

april 06, bought rusty's 3" kit w/ full packs and shocks.

I now have:
                            RE coils, bilstein shocks, RE lowers, RK uppers, JKS trackbar (which needs to be upgraded..)

Comment

all that is left of my rusty's 4.5" kit is the leafs and coils which i have no problem with at the moment. the leafs are a little noisy though
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X