steering ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering ?

So i need some help im getting stuff for my jeep. I will have full skids and some other stuff soon. I would like to upgrade my steering. I was thinking about getting a steering box brace but maybe even upgrading to one ton. I dont know much about steering so could you guys help me out please. thanks

what do you need to know about it. that looks more like a statement than a question.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

what would you guys suggest to beaf up my jeeps steering ? will the brace help alot ? cause im going 33s soon.

Comment

1 ton steering yj or durango steering box swap. brace both sides of the frame. http://www.gotreks.com/page.asp?pageid=55
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

a steering brace isn't really 100% nessesary for 33's, i doubt you're going to be in a situation where needing that would even come into play. personally i'd worry about the steering itself, i bent my stock tie rod my first time out and upgraded to a one ton. you have some choices though..... you can simply upgrade to HD tie rod/ drag link, have a one ton made, or buy one and ream the knuckles yourself.

Better yet you can buy evan's rusty's steering
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
            a steering brace isn't really 100% nessesary for 33's, i doubt you're going to be in a situation where needing that would even come into play. personally i'd worry about the steering itself, i bent my stock tie rod my first time out and upgraded to a one ton. you have some choices though..... you can simply upgrade to HD tie rod/ drag link, have a one ton made, or buy one and ream the knuckles yourself.

Better yet you can buy evan's rusty's steering
            its already gone man.
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

ohhh really. where i have been?? sorry there.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

that was a long while ago.
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

I hate to buy new tie rods and stuff they were reaplaced in fall but oh well ill look into the steering box though there is a durango up at the junk yard.

Comment

won ton
                    I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

I wouldn't even bother with the durango box. Upgrade to 1-ton and call it a day. I think it was Will that tried the durango box and it actually gives you an increased turning radius but don't quote me on that.
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

what does 1 ton go for ? normally i couldnt find it on quadratech.

Comment

u can get like a do it yourself kinda thing for like 250 i think but just flat out buy it and avoid the frustration.....$400
                          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Get it from JCR if you want to do it yourself. Then buy a reamer. If not call Bandit Offroad.
                            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

do a yj box upgrade.
                              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Working...
                              X