Spring Under to Spring over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Under to Spring over

I was able to get the bastard packing done and it turned out to pick the ass end up a decent amount. And after giving it all a nice long look over and thinking about how to keep it flexy AND even. If i just do a spring over conversion up front it instead of bastard packing the front as well, it in theory should sit nice and level. When I can, I am gonna order a set of new leaf perches. Is anyone down to help me with the conversion in exchange for beer or garden greenery?
    I can get most of everything set up, but I dont have a welder of my own and even if I did I still haven't quite mastered the nice clean bead.
    Last edited by hippie metal; 06-11-2009, 02:06 AM.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

is this for a YJ? if so what are you going to do for steering?
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

nahh. waggy.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

otay... still will the steering clear the leafs?

are you going to machine the pass side knuckle, run a high steer arm and run the drag link to it?
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
          I was able to get the bastard packing done and it turned out to pick the ass end up a decent amount. And after giving it all a nice long look over and thinking about how to keep it flexy AND even. If i just do a spring over conversion up front it instead of bastard packing the front as well, it in theory should sit nice and level. When I can, I am gonna order a set of new leaf perches. Is anyone down to help me with the conversion in exchange for beer or garden greenery?
          I can get most of everything set up, but I dont have a welder of my own and even if I did I still haven't quite mastered the nice clean bead.
          bring your shit to my house to weld. id be down to help if needed.
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            otay... still will the steering clear the leafs?

are you going to machine the pass side knuckle, run a high steer arm and run the drag link to it?

well i kinda figured i was going to alter change the steering setup at one point in its life, so i might as well do it all now/soon. Not exactly sure what doing the steering will entail seeing as this is my first spring under to over conversion. But I gotta learn some how. That why I gotz [SiS] I figured that the easiest process would be to get the lift where I want it then set the steering up around that. Even thought its technically my DD, I still don't drive it to often since I am out of work and out of school for the summer. So I don't mind letting it sit for awhile until I get it right. All I really need to do is start it once in awhile.

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            bring your shit to my house to weld. id be down to help if needed.
            Pm'd you

Comment

http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/flatop_knucles.html
              Originally posted by Fast Orange
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X