School me on tj lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on tj lifts

Alright so an old friend from school wants me to help her with lifting and modifying her tj.
    i have been looking at some 3 in lifts for the tj and figured she could probably run 33's with that, but i have some questions.
    are:
    new control arms nessesary?
    trac bar/ trac bar relocation brackets nessesary?
    is pulling both sway bars off ok? or rear only and disco's up front?
    is an sye/cv shaft nessesary with only 3"?

what do some of you tj people run?
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Highline it and run 33's... keep a low COG or get the TnT flares you can run 33's no prob with no lift

Comment

Yes you can fit 33s with 3 inches of lift. You shoudl get new CA's, yes to trac bars, and discos in the front/keep the rear.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
        Highline it and run 33's... keep a low COG or get the TnT flares you can run 33's no prob with no lift
        Or simply a budget boost and new shocks at least, rock some 32s or 33s without a problem.

Also, does she plan on ever wheeling it, or just crawl the shopping malls?
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

hahaha she doesn't want me to cut her fenders........

I already proposed that idea.... she wants a lift so i was thinking 2.5-3" and that would be enough

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

but highlining is sooo much cooler than a BB lol and you dont have to worry about driveshaft angles or anyhting at all not that 2 inches would really bother it

Comment

You can run 2 inch coils spacers and stock XJ front coils to achive 3 inchs of lift in the front. Crown Vic rear coils give roughly 3-4 inchs for the rear of a TJ. I figured she wouldnt like to trim, that why I didnt suggest it.
              -Caleb

Comment

hahaha yea something about people and cutting up their vehicles, either you love it or you hate it. agreed geoff it would look badass.

and thanks caleb but i'm just gonna have her buy a lift, makes it easier than rummaging around for springs here and there.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Yeah I figured that too lol, but just trying to save you guys some cash.
                  -Caleb

Comment

yeaaaa gotta keep that in mind... the less she spends on the lift, then the more beer she can afford to buy me while i'm puttin it in hahaha

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

i have heard you can use the front tj coils for 3" of lift when swapped in the back.

some v8 grand coils in front and stock fronts in back and you got 3'' lift all around for like 40 bucks

just gotta worry about shocks and what have you not. cheap shocks are cheap
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

wow thats not a bad way to do it i guess. save a crapload of money that way

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

you could do it cheapo like they said, or spend 300 and get the RC 2.5 with coils and their snazzy 2.2 shocks included. just throwin out another option
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

stay away from those track bar relocation brackets. i had one installed for a day or two while the adjustable track bar was on order and had nothing but problems. It ended up smashing into my evap lines and causing to many head aches

Comment

Keep the from sway bar and get discos for that, you can ditch the rear completely and the jeep will actully corner better, I did it to mine with a 4" lift and its never given me a problems.

She could get a 3" - 4" BB for around $500 with a transfer-case drop (probably included with the BB) and doesnt have to worry about sye-cv issue.
                              99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X