new lift or spacer and shackle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new lift or spacer and shackle?

Ok im looking to add some more lift to my xj. I have a rough country 3 inch lift now. I am thinking of getting a daystar 1'' 3/4 spacer and shackle lift for $160 and getting a tcase drop $40 and some other stuff. But im thinking it might be better to sell my lift and get the 4.5 inch rough country kit for $470 and it has all i need to buy if i do the spacer and shacle its like around $100 more to buy a new lift what do you guys think im leaning tords the new lift. Also if i do the spacer shackle will have to get lower control arms ? .Just looking for some opinions on this. Thanks guys and please be serious.

why go higher????

/thread
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
      Ok im looking to add some more lift to my xj. I have a rough country 3 inch lift now. I am thinking of getting a daystar 1'' 3/4 spacer and shackle lift for $160 and getting a tcase drop $40 and some other stuff. But im thinking it might be better to sell my lift and get the 4.5 inch rough country kit for $470 and it has all i need to buy if i do the spacer and shacle its like around $100 more to buy a new lift what do you guys think im leaning tords the new lift. Also if i do the spacer shackle will have to get lower control arms ? .Just looking for some opinions on this. Thanks guys and please be serious.
      Go to the top of a mountain, park parrellel to the ground hundreds of feet below, get out leave door open proceede to jack your jeep up on opposite side of the ground, when it looks like it is just about to tip lite yourself on fire and dive in slamming head first into passenger door hard enough to make the jeep flip all the way down the mountain. Before you know it, your jeep is lifted.
      95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
        Go to the top of a mountain, park parrellel to the ground hundreds of feet below, get out leave door open proceede to jack your jeep up on opposite side of the ground, when it looks like it is just about to tip lite yourself on fire and dive in slamming head first into passenger door hard enough to make the jeep flip all the way down the mountain. Before you know it, your jeep is lifted.
        you can not make posts like this.
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
          i have seen your jeep in person and i less lift and 33s. start cutting son.
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

alright, you will need to get new control arms if you put the spacers in. if you want to go up to 4.5" that is fine, it is your jeep. the RC lifts are ok, not the best, but decent. however, you could find a set of 4.5" coils from somewhere used, buy an 1.5" shackle for the rear, and find some control arms for that height as well. but dont forget, you will have to extend your brakelines and bumpstop. if you can do that much cheaper than the RC lift do that and save some money and get bigger tires as well cuz your 30's will looks stupid
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Trim your fenders, toss some 33s under it, wheel the piss outa it.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i got no problem going to 4.5" but if you do, you damn well better be looking to get a new rear axle and 33's

if i were you though the last thing i would be doing is looking to go higher, your having problems as it is with your budget, going to 4.5" will just fuck things up even more

Comment

I told you already. Stop trying to spend money on retarded things. Trust [SiS] when we say trim your damn fenders, throw some 33's under it and you will like the result so much more. We are not all trying to trick you into something dumb man....well at least this particular post isn't. We are trying to steer you in the correct direction. But seeing as your not going to listen to me or any of us for that matter, why even post? It would be way cheaper, not to mention WITHIN YOUR BUDGET to just grab a set of 33's and trim. If you need help doing it call me. Just throw me money to a) grab a 30 rack or b) attain kite hieght status
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                  Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                  he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                  Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                  i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                    you first
                    Originally posted by Fast Orange
                    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                      you can not make posts like this.
                      x2.

Also, The t-case drop kit is 20 dollars new, with that in mind, if you give me 15 dollars for telling you that, buy it for 20 dollars, you still walk away with 5 dollars saved from the original plan.
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Thanks for helping guys. I will be running 33s if i get the 4.5 kit. If i cut the fenders i will let you all know and im running 33s no matter what.

Money is not that bad because im selling the 3 inch kit and my quad and putting it all into the jeep

Comment

Working...
                        X