Rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brakes

Getting ready to overhaul my rear brakes, any suggestions.
    96 stock cherokee backyard 1 1/2 lift rebuilt trns case

pb blaster and a hammer get the drum tools they make you life soo much easier.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
      pb blaster and a hammer get the drum tools they make you life soo much easier.
      Pb blaster , hammer, we have drum tools next ,thkx

Comment

Take the little rubber cap off the back of the drum and back the gear off inside makes it bout 1000 times easier to get the drums off. Good luck.
        95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Is it worth cutting the drums

Comment

Depends how bad they are. Some you don't need to suggested but you dont have too. or might be bad enough that you should just get a new drum.
            95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Thanks ,time to read the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnycams View Post
                no if they are on there good smack it a few times with a good heavy hammer. also some have a hole in the drum on the front if there is one spin a bolt into it and it usually pushes the drum right off.
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

no if they are on there good smack it a few times with a good heavy hammer. also some have a hole in the drum on the front if there is one spin a bolt into it and it usually pushes the drum right off.
                  I have also seen this. Before on one of my father's old cars.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnycams View Post
                    i think he ment is it worth turning the drums down, not cutting them off the car. and it depends on how bad they are
                    Originally posted by Fast Orange
                    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

i forgot to put a period there. it was supposed to be buy new ones it is usually cheaper then getting them cut. also if they are on there good.....
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

thanks guys for the encouragement, and info

Comment

Good luck man, you shouldn't need it. Brakes aint brain surgery.

Comment

Working...
                          X