my door is stuck shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my door is stuck shut

both the inside and outside handles dont work. i think the latch itself is fucked because both handles rods and what they're suppose to move do everything right but it just doesn't open the door.

any ideas how i can get the teeth (i guess u call it that) too unlock themselves off the door pin so i can replace the latch assembly. i've tried pryin with a screwdriver and takin a bfh to it but i can get the teeth to unlock
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

dude its a jeep, climb in over the door until it fix's itself
    Originally posted by gmc4cw
    if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

Comment

pull on the rod connecting to the door release hard while pushing the door out.
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
        pull on the rod connecting to the door release hard while pushing the door out.
        tried unfortunetly. the rods dont do anything anymore. i think i'm gonna have to hack it off and get a new door pin and latch assembly ftl
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

Comment

The same thing happened to me with my old mustang, my uncle used the same thing the cops use to open your door when you lock your keys in the car to open mine.
          99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

Comment

can you get inside your jeep at all? if you can try getting half of the door panel off, if your successful at doing so reach your hand in there and see if any of the rods are broken or maybe diconnected. from time to time the pieces break apart that hold the rods onto the mechanism that opens the door, why you may ask, because people who design these things think that plastic pieces would be best lol. this exact situation happend to a friend of mine and one of the rods just came disconected because a plastic piece broke.
            2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

Dude my f*cking door is stuck too. This just happened the other day. I got half the door panel off and tried manually pulling on the rods and still no luck. WTF?
              06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

the whole latch is busted. needs a new assembly.
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

Comment

The question is how the f*ck do I get the door open to get at the latch assembly?
                  Last edited by Bluewarrior7; 06-15-2009, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewarrior7 View Post
                    The question is how the f*ck do I get the door open to get at the latch assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewarrior7 View Post
                      qft
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

Comment

What?

Comment

after 3 weeks i figured it out and got the door open.

unbolted the pin from the body and wiggled it around while hammering the teeth and eventually one popped and the door opened

I WIN
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Armand got mine open within an hour of fidgeting with it. Then we hit it with some rust solvent and it works fine again. Now I have an extra latch sitting on my passenger seat. Anybody need one?

Comment

if the latch is the same as the ones in yj doors i might want it
                              2 tj's
                              3 yj's
                              2 xj's
                              i'm a jeep whore

Comment

Working...
                              X