LED tail light issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED tail light issues.

OK so I have made/nearly completed a set of tail light boxes to weld to my rear quarter panel guards. I have a set of LEDs that I am trying to use for my tail lights, turn signals and brake lights and it is not working out.

The tail light's work fine in parking light mode and will even turn but when i apply the brake they cease to work. I am using a trailer hitch harness (not sure of brand). Also when i dont have any bulbs in the regular tail light sockets everything is messed up as well.

Anybody know what the hell i should do? Can i even use these lights for 3 uses?

never mind. pretty sure i burned up my trailer hitch converter box

Comment

owned.

its better to direct wire in with the stock harness and convert the turn signal relay to an electronic one.

Comment

So i get a little blip when i use the turn signal and a very faint blip if i hit the brake pedal but the tail lights work fine. I put in a new trailer convertor and this is what has happened and i put in an electronic flasher
        Last edited by crosbike; 06-06-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

i had all the same issues. i hardwired the drawtite converter box and everything was screwed up. turns out it was fried from the factory so i got one that plugged in directly where i can plug in my stock tail light harness as well.

hooked that all up and still had issues with the blinkers working. we figured out that since i cut off the old incandescents it didn't have the resistance to blink even with an electronic flasher. we hooked up the old turn signal bulbs only in my rear quarters (yes they blink inside there ) and viola everything works grand even with the stock flasher
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            i had all the same issues. i hardwired the drawtite converter box and everything was screwed up. turns out it was fried from the factory so i got one that plugged in directly where i can plug in my stock tail light harness as well.

hooked that all up and still had issues with the blinkers working. we figured out that since i cut off the old incandescents it didn't have the resistance to blink even with an electronic flasher. we hooked up the old turn signal bulbs only in my rear quarters (yes they blink inside there ) and viola everything works grand even with the stock flasher
            ya i realized that they worked with the other bulbs but i think ill just throw some resistor or something in line

Comment

that will work just dandy
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
              X