JCR 1-Ton Help STAT!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCR 1-Ton Help STAT!!!!

Installing my JCR 1-Ton today I stripped the upper drag link TRE that bolts to the pitmen arm. Do I have to order this directly from JCR or can I get it off some other vehicle???
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Is it off the wonton? If so I belive its 78 Chevy wonton.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=S6

Scroll down and they list the actual part numbers. These numbers are used by many companies. They look like Moog number to me but will cross to every other brand. Identify the one you need and go to Vatozone or Napa.

Comment

So it turns out the nut was stripped which made the job easier. The nut popped off using a ball joint fork. I ran a dye down the threads, got a new crown bolt, and put the drag link back up. Great is should be fine now, right?? WRONG!!!

Test drive- took it on the highway 55mph hit a bump, worst death wobble I ever had in my Jeep. Take it back to the garage make sure the TRE's, trac bar, upper and lower control arms are tight. I even went so far as to take the slop out of my steering box. Took it for a ride again, same thing DW to hell and back. I'm heading back up to school now and I'm running low on ideas of what it can be. I ran down the list that Sam stickied about DW but even after shaking the front end everything seems fine. Anyone have similar problems after installing 1 ton?

Comment

I'm thinking alignment btw

Comment

i have the same issues and still can't figure it out
            1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

It's definitely alignment if you did steering and gained death wobble. Get out your tape measure.

Comment

You may also have oblonged the taper in the knuckle when you reamed it.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                  You may also have oblonged the taper in the knuckle when you reamed it.
                  That would suck. I think I'm going to do the alignment first and then if that doesn't work I'm going to have to start ripping into it. Is there a way to straiten that or is the whole knuckle bad?

Comment

BUMP

I just got an alignment this morning and I still get DW. They didn't adjust my caster but my toe angles are now:

Left Front: .03* toe with -.7* camber
                    Right Front: -.01* toe with -.3* camber

The total toe is .02*

Comment

unless you have adjustable control arms, Toe is the only adjustment you can do.

Not sure about the deathwobble. All you changed was the steering correct?
                      Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
                        unless you have adjustable control arms, Toe is the only adjustment you can do.

Not sure about the deathwobble. All you changed was the steering correct?
                        Correct, I just installed the 1-ton and I started having problems.

Comment

did you remove your steering stabilizer? You may have already had minor DW and your steering stabilizer had been acting as a "band-aid" so it wasnt as noticeable.

Other than that all i can think of is your new TRE's arent fitting snug enough into your steering arms.
                          Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

Working...
                          X