X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this work for bending?

1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

I think thats for grinding dude.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

exhausts yes
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
        exhausts yes
        x2 that looks like it will kink it (like you see in most exhaust bends) and not make smooth bends aka mandrel bending. to make mandrel bends the tube needs to move while being bent not be static and have a die push it in the center. its hard to tell in the pic but it looks like that machine is not a mandrel bender.
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

ya believe that is an exhaust bender
            http://www.vansantent.com/tube_bendi...g_machines.htm

But I'm pretty sure I've seen the custom bike shows on TV using them to bend their tubes.

Every once in a while a garage closing shop will sells one cheep.

If you really want to know call VanSant and ask them. They were pretty helpful for me when I had some bending questions.

What is a mandrel Bend?
            http://www.vansantent.com/definitions.htm
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

welder?
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                welder?
                Brazing? Alumaloy? JB quick?

What? those don't qualify>

Comment

i have a friend in a shop that has a bender like this and thinks it might work but isn't sure and i don;t want to waste expensive tube
                  1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
                    i have a friend in a shop that has a bender like this and thinks it might work but isn't sure and i don;t want to waste expensive tube
                    bend a small piece and see
                    Originally posted by Fast Orange
                    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Working...
                    X