Shifting no no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting no no

When i go to go into first or second i have to like slam it in the tranny isnt letting me go into gear for somereason i think its because im low on tranny fluid or something any ideas???
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

how is the fluid in the slave master?
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

sounds like youre synchros are shot....
      99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

mine did that when the slave was going
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

I hope its nothing serious and its not at all times that i cant shift only some times its like on and off perfectly to seriously broke i dont get it
          95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Did you check the fluid in the slave master? I'm pretty sure its near the brake booster master btw
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

is it easy to go into 1st and 2nd when your not moving, engine running? if not then sounds like slave cylinder is going. your lucky, the 95's are the only ones with the external cylinder, really easy to swap

Comment

It doesnt want to go in at stops with motor running or moving at some times but other times it goes right in so idk whats up

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  is it easy to go into 1st and 2nd when your not moving, engine running? if not then sounds like slave cylinder is going. your lucky, the 95's are the only ones with the external cylinder, really easy to swap
                  my 94 has an external slave
                  Originally posted by Fast Orange
                  if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                    It doesnt want to go in at stops with motor running or moving at some times but other times it goes right in so idk whats up

uuuhhhhhgggg.....

for the 6th time... check your fluid / slave cylinder
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ur lucky, i just did a clutch on a XJ with an ax-15 and internal slave, sucked

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                        I hope its nothing serious and its not at all times that i cant shift only some times its like on and off perfectly to seriously broke i dont get it
                        What the fuck language you speakin boy??

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                          What the fuck language you speakin boy??
                          Uhm i don't know lol i talk terribly some times.....

Comment

Working...
                          X