Jeep Stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Stall

While Driving, the jeep will randomly stall. The MAP sensor is unplugged at the moment but it will stall regardless of it being plugged in or not. I have to use starting fluid spayed into the throttle body to get it started again and even that makes it knock and ping till it clears up a few seconds later. that is not even guaranteed to work every SINGLE time. this is getting old. just about every time i drive the jeep it will do this once or more per trip(to anywhere)

Sometimes it will restart by throwing it into neutral and cranking it, then back into drive(if I was moving)
    Last edited by Fuzzy Wuzzy; 05-20-2009, 11:53 PM.

I just replaced my MAP and the problems went away. it would happen to me all the time last summer. be doing 40 mph and the jeep would just shut off.

hate jeeps.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

thats what mine used to do
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

map sensor was swapped with a known good one.
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

happened to mine too until i cleaned the IAC
          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            map sensor was swapped with a known good one.

if your talking about the one off the green jeep......nothing was KNOWN to be good off that piece. so that part has NOT been tested
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

After cleaning the IAC/MAP with some brake cleaner (in ALL holes and crevices) and reinstalling them, there is not more rough start/idle/stall-out.. I have only driven it once since the cleaning, but will edit for full confirmation later in the week as this problem would happen 2-3 times daily.

Comment

my jeep is having similar problems.
                it'll randomly loose power while driving, make pinging and clacking noises, and "choke"

its a fairly stock 98 xj.

could it be the fuel pump? or would it be a sensor. fairly recently, it's been having trouble starting, takin a while to catch, and now it will for up to 1 mile..or if in neutral a good 10 second rev at 4000 rpm, loose power and feel like its about to shut off.

whats is the MAP or IAC? not too knowledgeable on the whole car thing yet

Comment

Conclusively my IAC needed some cleaning as well as my Crank Position Sensor was whacking out. Once again I should be able to confirm this in the coming week, I want to give it a couple days to act up.

Comment

Working...
                  X