Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wining/buzzing when tranny is put into gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wining/buzzing when tranny is put into gear?

i replaced the tranny/filter 3 days ago..that night i go to leave me gf's and this is what i get...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTbXFMuipgo[/ame]

waht do you guys think...
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

No idea but I would go back in there if I were you. Check the fluid level? Are you sure that little O-ring is still on where the filter meets the pick up line?
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i didnt notice any o rings anywhere? fluid level is good...you guys think its alright to drive lol
      -Jason
      99WJ 4.0

Comment

Your transmission pressure is at it's highest in reverse. Maybe you dont have enough fluid in there and its causing aeration and that noise. That's all i got.

Comment

i keep checking the fluid and its good...i know little to nothing abuot trannys can it be air in a line somewhere?
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0

Comment

no are you putting it in every gear then checking the fluid while the tranny is in neutral?
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

i know with my xj you have to drive it a minimum of 15 miles and check your fluid in neutral while it is running. do wjs have to do that as well?

Comment

yes
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  i know with my xj you have to drive it a minimum of 15 miles and check your fluid in neutral while it is running. do wjs have to do that as well?
                  you should do that with all tranny jobs i believe. thats what i learned

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                    you should do that with all tranny jobs i believe. thats what i learned
                    With the newer grand cherokees you need to get it to a certain temp then measure how far it is on the dipstick then compare it to a chart to see if it is in range.

Comment

yea in the FSM it says wait until temp is up..check when idling in neutral...and i shifted through all the gears..
                      -Jason
                      99WJ 4.0

Comment

did you use regular atf? this calls for special fluid. when i worked at aamco we used to put in regular fluid then we would use an additive in these trannys. alldata calls for
                        Transmission Fluid Type

Type MOPAR ATF +4 Type 9602 or Equivalent
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

i used valvoline fully synthetic atf +4....i think it had something to do with the filter..the filter i put on had the same shape as the one i took off but looked compeltely different. i got one today along with a drain plug im gonna redo it tomorrow and hopefully itll be back to normal..
                          -Jason
                          99WJ 4.0

Comment

check to make sure there is no orings in the hole where the nipple goes into. and you put the oring on the filter
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

i didnt notice anything when i took the old filter off, but the one i put on on friday didnt have anything, but this new one has a rubber seal/o ring on it...i have my fingers crossed lol this jeep is emptying my pocketsss...
                              -Jason
                              99WJ 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X