X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clocking the np231 in an aw4

http://www.bsfab.net/?p=23

because i'm a lazy asshole

just wondering if you filled in the old holes with something.

I really don't see the need, but then again don't want my output housing to be like "screw you sam ima crack now"

any issues you came across while doing this? any pointers? I will have an aw4 out of my jeep for this.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

i wouldn't bother filling up the holes, as long as the new ones aren't super close to the old ones
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

thats what i was thinkin

there seems to be plenty of beef around there

Comment

that's pretty saweet. perhaps you could build a rear crossmember to help support the torsion from the tcase as well as a ladder bar of sorts instead of those anti wrap pack things ya got.

Comment

That's what I've been saying for the longest time about rotating the transfer case up.

You can go with a completely flat skid plate.
          I wouldn't bother filling the holes I never did before. I've rotated a few T-case.
          On my CJ I filled the ribs with weld so I can even rotate it further.

From what I noticed the mounting hole where the T-case hole is large enough for 2 holes on the XJ is rotated down on the YJ it is rotated up.

If the XJ is lifted there is no problems if it is not lifted the front drive shaft hits the 4wd shifter and the body but really easy to make room. The 4wd shifter just cut off the lowest of the 4 mounting legs and a hammer to the tranny tunnel you need about 1".

I made my own jig from an old T-case I pilot though the bolts 3/16 drill then bring them to size.
          It takes me about 15 minutes to rotate the T-case. No need to take the tranny out.

Last edited by customcreationsllc; 05-13-2009, 07:44 AM.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

yep. right now my belly hangs down about an inch (about an inch above the frame in the center though because mah tnt crossmember is about as straight as drew gleacher) im building a flat crossmember and clocking it up mainly so the drivesahaft will clear it as well as give me a little more room to put something beef under the bottom of the case.

im not reusing the factory shift linkage and orientation either.

got me some heims and gonna simplify it

Comment

I actually didn't even have to touch the shifter but Heims would definitely be better.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

That looks SICK!!!!! hrmmmmmmm! i am gettinig ideas in my head.
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Comment

hmm, that is nice and simple, and I have dozens of those smalls heims laying about.... to me
                    dirty30

Comment

^^ my inkage is forked up. that looks nice
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                      X