Axle shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle shims

I just went to Sve performance to ask the guy a couple questions he said i need to put in 2 Degree axle shims in the front because of the shackles because the shackles throw the caster off and makes the jeep wander...i feel no difference in the jeep wandering should i get shims or not ..... and i apearently put my rear shackles on upside down I Fail which way are the front supposed to be on because he said nothing of that?
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

I don't like lifted shackles they change your leaf spring angle which effects caster angle and brake dive/ anti squat angles.

If you can live with the way it drives with no shim then keep it the way, but shims are only a couple bucks and easy to install, I think Rusty has the cheapest prices.

The rear shackles being in backwards:
    I'm guessing you have boomerang shackles. The leaf spring doesn't care how it get from the leaf bolt to the frame bolt it always acts as if it is straight. The boomerangs are designed to get around the rear cross member that a straight shackle will hit so the shackle can travel further.
    The front shackles don't interfere with anything so you don't get any advantage with a boomerang shackle you can have it mounted however you want. I would at least put the bend back out of the way.

Another advantage with the boomerang shackles it limits the shackle movement backwards with the shackle cross member hitting the frame this prevents the shackle from getting inverted. I actually made shackle stops to prevent my shackles from moving backwards/ inverting.

Hope this helps
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

A lot of people on here aren't exactly huge fans of SVE. Hopefully someone on here can give you some answers that come from personal experience.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh Bill...
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The guy seemed like a huge dick i mean he told me what i needed but he was a dick
          95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Yeah, you went to SVE then. I'm not sure but I don't think its legal to put shims in the front...I know its illegal for blocks in the front.
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

shims in front is not the best idea, but not as bad as a block... I told you to holla fool, I'll give you some ideas on what to do
              Originally posted by Fast Orange
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

I should be home in a few weeks if you want me to take a look. I dont know if you can wait that long though
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Sorry mike Didnt wake up till 4:30 and i had to go to work lol

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    I should be home in a few weeks if you want me to take a look. I dont know if you can wait that long though
                    Cool tell me when your back

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                      Sorry mike Didnt wake up till 4:30 and i had to go to work lol
                      haha sweet... i'm around tomorrow all day
                      Originally posted by Fast Orange
                      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                        The guy seemed like a huge dick i mean he told me what i needed but he was a dick

no not bill
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

He is the older guy the younger kid is cool there

Comment

Working...
                          X