Body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body lift

I want to do a 1" body lift on my TJ. Been lookin at several different options and am thinking about going with a 1" Polyurethane lift which completely replaces the stock body mounts as upposed to the other style which buts a riser under the stock body mount. However, I have come across lifts which include a "shift plat linkage" do I need this?

Are there any other items I will need to change to make the body lift work without interfering with other aspects of the jeep?

Also, a side note, my jeep is lifted 4", and sometimes it sounds like my 4wd is trying to engage, makes a sort of click or bump sound, when i push down on my transfer case shift the noise stops. Is there any way to fixs this problem?
    99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

I say go with a full poly replacement kit. mine from Energy Suspension came with all new hardware/poly mounts/shift link correction bracket for like $110. Great value for what you get IMO.

The shift problem to me sounds like your linkage needs to be adjusted. we should check that out sometime this week. it helps to have 2 people while adjusting it.

After the bodylift, if you get one with the correction bracket, we'll also have a chance to correct the linkage.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
    X