valve cover gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve cover gasket

no i'm not a moron, i'm not asking how to do it.....

why does mine keep blowing up???
    4k ago, mechanic did it
    2.5k ago, bitched the mechanic out and did it myself. FEL-PRO gasket and RTV

its the same spot too, the very back of the cover.... it seems like every 2k miles it starts spitting oil at a rediculous rate. is there something that could be wrong?? i can't think of anything??
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

is yo fixed orifice (the 4.0's answer for a pvc valve) clogged?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

and if you can get a rubber/metal gasket

no cork crap
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

mine leaks even though I replaced it. I deal with it.

like same said, check yo orifices. you sure its the VC and not the oil filter adapter o-rings?

Comment

i know its the valve cover... the leak is pretty bad, its been dumping quite large puddles for the past week.

got my haynes manual out now, gonna clean my orifice tommorrow, already picked up a metal gasket.

the leak is weird though, somedays its just a drop, but sometimes i'll drive somewhere park and dump a frisbee sized puddle in no time at all

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

take the angle that you park at into account.

Comment

flat, i for the most part always park on flat ground..... got a ticket for parking on a tree facing the wrong direction

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

sure it's not the rear main?... 4.0's are notorious for leaking out of the rear main, oil filter adapter o-rings and the back of the valve cover
                Originally posted by Fast Orange
                if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

checked it all.... rear main was fine, oil filter dry, there was oil at the back the valve cover and it was flowing down all over the rest of everything. about 98% certain thats what it is.... ehhh we'll see tommorrow.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                  X