No announcement yet.

Transmission question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, I ignored the issue, it pretty much stopped...
    Well, Next Thing I know I'm attemptig to drive off a red light, and my truck pretty much refused to move until a litle above 2000rpms, then it "caught" and slowly proceeded to accelerate. Do we still think it's the tps, or are we going for tranny now?
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

don't ignore issues

fix them

or they will all catch up to you at once.

are you checking the fluid level hot idling in neutral?
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I'll do that now. Assuming it's a good level... Whattua thinking Sam?

Comment

ahem. It is over filled. It's been like that the whole time.:/

Comment

the TPS wouldn't not let go into gear. but it only takes 2 seconds to check a TPS but you need a graphing multimeter/scope like a snap-on vantage.

Once it is in gear does it slip?

Throw a pressure gage on the tranny see if you have good line pressure.
            That transmission is electronically controlled uses solenoids to direct pressure to different clutch packs.
            Then you can put a gage on each gear clutch and see which one is not coming on or coming on slow.

You could have something clogging the oil passage so it takes for ever for the clutch pack to engage.

If you take the pan down and take the valve body out you can test the solenoids when you put 12V across body and the connector use shop air it should go from open to closed or closed to open.

You can try cleaning the valve body but just remember where the check balls go.

no special tools for that much.

You can try new solenoids I couldn't see them being too expensive.
            What do you have to loose worse come to worse you still need a tranny.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i still think its the tps

Comment

Working...
              X