R&P Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R&P Review

Anybody run or have any experience with USA Standard's gears?

They seem to be the cheapest for my setup, and cheap is good right now.

The product description says they are noisy. not that i really care, but how bad are we talking? annoying? dying cat?

I will romp on these axles, but they are 1-tons, so i cant imagine I need to go too much overkill. USA Standards gears also come with a 1-year warranty. although, Unless i get a shop to install them I doubt its good for shit.

I just dont wanna drop the extra $100+ on yukon gears if i dont have a good reason to. although, this is something that I dont want to skimp on either, so i need some help determining what is worth doing here.

Anyone who has any input, please speak up. thanks.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

id just go expensive, gears are one of those things that if your driving around on cheap gears and you blow em up in 3 months you either suck it up and buy the expensive ones anyways or get another cheap set to blow up.

Comment

yukon+install are $200 shipped from complete offroad. how much cheaper are these??? lol

Comment

It was $185/$190 for the Standard gears as opposed to like $280/$280 for the Yukon gears coming from Randy's R&P, and thats without install kits which seem to run $70+ from them.

Complete offroad has a D60 and S10.25 Yukon sets with install kits for $300/$350 for a grand total of $650.

That aint bad I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on Complete Offroad. I think thats where im gonna go for gears
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

damn big axles and their more expensive gearsets. what ratio are you going with?

Comment

Actually, Complete offroads package deals contain "Premium/top of the line gears". so im not sure what they are. I would like it if they were Yukons.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              damn big axles and their more expensive gearsets. what ratio are you going with?
              Seriously. and 5.38s

Comment

nice

Comment

so do we know what gears come in that package deal?

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                    so do we know what gears come in that package deal?
                    yukons

Comment

Ballin.

Comment

If you are sacking up for the Yukons, have you checked into their additional warranty? I bought it for mine, it covers ANYTHING that happends to them for life=Free replacement
                        88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

innnnnnteresssstinnnnggggg
                          Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                          didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                          Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                          he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                          Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                          i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
                            If you are sacking up for the Yukons, have you checked into their additional warranty? I bought it for mine, it covers ANYTHING that happends to them for life=Free replacement
                            Knowing me... that might come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                            X