No announcement yet.

check engine light/error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have 4 o2 sensors right now. two on the upper part of the manifold and two on the lower part. i dont see how i would be missing one. just looking at the exhaust i can tell it its original because its rusted quite a bit. everything looks to be stock. i drove it from rhode island to the middle of ct and the light was not on at all. i made alot of stops on the way ad did some backroad driving and not once did the ligth come on. im just really confused at what the problem would be
    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

the rear o2 is def behind the cat. look at the cat itself. Look on the back part of it, its located on the pipe, on top, prob towards the center of the car. Your gonna have to crawl down there to see it
      Last edited by Ruecifur; 04-25-2009, 11:04 PM.
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
        the rear o2 is def behind the cat. look at the cat itself. Look on the back part of it, its located on the pipe, on top, prob towards the center of the car. Your gonna have to crawl down there to see it
        well bad news. theres no o2 sensor after the cat lol. i dont know how else to explain the o2 sensor set up that is on my jeep right now. seems as if my jeep is like a freak of nature

Comment

should i just guess that everyone is stumped?

Comment

Off topic, but where you turning on to rt 10 from West Johnson Rd in Cheshire around 11 tonight?
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep00xj View Post
              well bad news. theres no o2 sensor after the cat lol. i dont know how else to explain the o2 sensor set up that is on my jeep right now. seems as if my jeep is like a freak of nature
              I don't believe you... Look harder, or come down here and I'll help you find it
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by jeep00xj View Post
                should i just guess that everyone is stumped?
                No, there should be an O2 sensor after the cat

/thread
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

guys i looked under there too, there is no o2 sensor after the cat on the pipe or on the cat itself. it looks like it's got the same emissions system as my 04 wj has, 4 o2 sensors, 2 on the upper part of the exhaust manifold, 2 on the lower portion of it, and no o2 sensor after the cat. i didn't think xj's came like that, and his 99 had the configuration you're all talking about. the only thing i can think of is that he has a "california emissions" vehicle, and has cat's built into his downpipe..

that or the P.O. fucked up his exhaust system..
                  2004 WJ
                  4.0 - Bored TB - Super 44 with 3" side dump
                  6.5" Front and Rear Long-armed, rear 44a, 4.56's

Comment

and i just found out they do the same configuration on 2000's as well

http://www.4x4xplor.com/O2-sensor.html
                    2004 WJ

Comment

Originally posted by dmolaver15 View Post
                      and has cat's built into his downpipe..

that or the P.O. fucked up his exhaust system..
                      Is there a cat on the vehicle ?
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

well if its a cali-car, aside from being full of fail (j/k), it has 2 mini-cats on the exhaust manifold. they are prob bad or the o2's after them, aka the lower ones, are prob bad

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          Is there a cat on the vehicle ?
                          he's got atleast 1 main cat, i haven't personally looked for the mini-cats yet though
                          2004 WJ

Comment

Working...
                          X