Rust prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust prevention

About to drive a rust free zj from nc to ny. What is the best thing to coat the underbody with? Lanolin oil? Chassis saver, undercoating? It is so clean right now i wq
    Ant to do it before it ever sees salt

Thanks!

I feel like a heavy coating of POR-15 is the best all around option. If you're looking for a quick solution for the trip, you can get the Ziebart shit done just about anywhere for $150.
    95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

I've been doing Fluid-Film on my vehicles the past couple years and have been very happy with it. Several places are now doing it rather than you crawling around under the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
        I've been doing Fluid-Film on my vehicles the past couple years and have been very happy with it. Several places are now doing it rather than you crawling around under the vehicle.
        just to get home i bought 10 cans of fluid film & sprayed in nc, haven't found anyone local doing it yet, but it seems like great stuff other than working around it, i even tried it out on the hinges. thanks !

Comment

Amazon has a kit for $150. It comes with one gallon of FF, a spray can of FF, the air gun and three different hoses each with a different spray type nozzle.
          Don't Panic

Comment

I used 10 aerosol cans just to get home and make it through the winter. I'm going to buy the gun over the summer and do it the right way

Comment

Working...
            X