Never ending tail of Hench's TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never ending tail of Hench's TJ

So I replaced my wiring harness last week seeing as a bunch of the wires from the crank position sensor and others were in bad shape. Also noticed that the (cam position sensor, cam pickup plate, distributor switch plate) whatever name you want to call it, the wires were exposed at the connector. Replaced that and the jeep starte and ran amazing, no check engine lights or anything. Went to start it about an hour later and it just cranks.

What would have changed while driving it that when I parked it, it wouldn't start again?

Note: when I turn the key a bunch to get the codes it shows a code 54
    Looked it up : No Fuel Sync (camshaft signal) detected during cranking

Another sites "definition" Distributor sync pickup
    Last edited by Henchman; 07-13-2014, 08:52 AM.
    Hench

ATM anyone?

Isn't the cam sensor in the distributor on those? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If there is still something wrong with the wiring for the distributor or just the distributor/sensor itself, that may be your issue. Have you replaced the distributor yet?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

You're right, its in the distributor but can be replaced which is what I did. So after doing some more thinking and research. I ended up taking the cap off and checked out the sensor and it had scuff marks and worn plastic on it and there was metal shavings/remenence in the bottom of the distributor. Checked the shaft (like usual) and found some play in it. So I'm going to replace the whole distributor .

Not really sure why it would do this though.

All of the wiring has been gone through now and some of it has been replaced.
      Last edited by Henchman; 07-13-2014, 08:56 PM.
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Working...
      X