5.9 ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.9 ability

everyone keeps telling me my 5.9 gc is a quick suv, but so far it doesnt seem much quicker off the line than a 4.0 cherokee ( tested ) once its moving its ok, but launches seem very slugish.

i see lots of videos of people making hard awd launches with these, how the hell are they doing it?

hopefully i will have my 242 swapped in soon and then do a nice engine tuneup

alot of the 5.9s in those videos are heavily modded, and launches in AWD will naturally seem sluggish with an automatic trans especially if youre not starting from a completely dead stop. with only a few small mods to start (cold air, bored TB) i noticed much bigger gains in mine right off the bat, and after i swapped in the 242 my 5.9 is an animal, i have a few mods pending including a shift kit and solenoid service kit for the trans which should cut the lag right out of the 46RE. Good luck!
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

thanks a tonnn, i haven't been able to talk to anyone with and experience with it, i guess im going to start with a tune up and transmission service, im also curious to figure out why it rolls away in park and the shift says drive is reverse

Comment

Working...
      X