Getting my Jeep through emissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my Jeep through emissions

Tried finding Tim's thread from this winter and gave up.

I getting a P0500 code right now which is for VSS. Probably related to the funky Bronco adapter I have and it's close proximity to exhaust. Fixing it is not my concern as much as resetting computer and getting all monitors ready on something no longer legal to drive on the road.

My original plan was to fail and use the extension to renew the reg, but I was informed in a phone convo with DMV that the extension would be 60 days from the original test due date... Which was in November.

Anybody got any good ideas on working around this? I honestly would just like to be able to get another two years out of getting groceries and ice cream before it's too far beyond that point, so anything to just get me reg'd one last time would do. Unfortunately, my parents are out of state or I'd just ask them to let me reg it in their name.

Figures, CEL came on this weekend at Rausch -_____-
    97 XJ.

Most recent DMV phone convo says I should get 60 days from actual test date and be good to renew with that. Fingers crossed!!
    97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

My original plan was to fail and use the extension to renew the reg, but I was informed in a phone convo with DMV that the extension would be 60 days from the original test due date... Which was in November.
      You fail, register, and then just pay a $20 late fee on the emissions if you dont feel like fixing it to pass again within 60 days. Once you register with the failed emissions test, they dont revoke your registration for not retesting within 60 days, you just pay a late fee next time around.

I have done this every time with my Jeeps since I started driving basically.

The catch is, the next time around (in 2 years) you NEED to pass to register. You get one fail per every 2 registrations. AKA your Jeep needs to pass emissions once every 4 years.

With that said, this worked very well for me in the past: http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=13
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

replace the sensor, shield it?
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Thanks Will, I think you're right. The first person I spoke to at DMV spooked me and had me thinking that failing on a renewal wasn't going to work since it had been well over 60 days since the due date. Seems that was just wrong. I hope! It passed the first time when I got it registered here initially.

Hux... something like that will definitely happen. But even after doing that, driving something with an expired reg enough miles to get all the monitors ready after resetting the computer was my concern.
          97 XJ.

Comment

good luck with it!

beat the system
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Paperwork says retest on 8/2/14... Looking good! DMV tomorrow.
              97 XJ.

Comment

Success!!! Didn't think about the fact that my reg is still on the same 2 year cycle... so I basically paid a $10 late fee to chop 6 months off my useable registration period. Oh well, still gets me through two summers
                97 XJ.

Comment

Win!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
                  X