ZJ Recall on shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ Recall on shifter

my new zj has a problem where it falls into gear while in park. i found out jeep recalled it, its a 98 so idk if they would still fix the problem, any ideas?

"Item Affected: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:LEVER AND LINKAGE:FLOOR SHIFT
    Date Announced: 2/15/2002

Description of Recall:
    ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, IF A DRIVER HAS NOT PLACED THE SHIFTER LEVER FULLY INTO THE "PARK" POSITION AND LEAVES THE VEHICLE RUNNING, THE VEHICLE MAY UNEXPECTEDLY MOVE REARWARD AFTER SEEMING TO BE STABLE.

Action Needed To Fix It:
    DEALERS WILL INSTALL A SECONDARY DETENT SYSTEM TO THE FLOOR SHIFTER ASSEMBLY. DAIMLERCHRYSLER SENT INTERIM NOTICES TO OWNERS CONCERNING THIS PROBLEM ON MARCH 22, 2002. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN SEPTEMBER 23, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Find your local Jeep Service Center. "

I know of this recal
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

A recall is good for the whole life of a vehicle. Hell jeep had an issue with brake rotors and I got rotors for free on my 98 xj lol.
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Cool, calling the dealership tuseday then, i didnt feel like trying to fix it

Comment

Working...
        X