Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bus

00XJ sport

Sometime key doesn't work acc....hit the steering colum and they lights go on and jeep starts. Today "no bus" showed instead of my odo. Got to work, turned it off. Turned it back on, normal...any ideas?
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Check the connections in the back of your guage cluster. May have to clean them.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Allow me to elaborate now that I have time

Went to leave for work to today, turn key "click" nothing. Which I'm used to, few whaps to the steering colum and the acc lights come on, turn key again, she starts up. This time however, "no bus" comes up where the odo is. No gauges work, Check engine light and airbag light remain on the entire drive to work. Get to work, park, shut it down, turn it back on, back to normal. The key issues I'm used to, the no bus however is a new one....also...not sure if related, but once in awhile my batt gauge jumps to 19, check gauges comes on for a little, then randomly either goes back to normal, or goes back to normal upon restart

This is all in an 00 XJ sport
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

If the gauges weren't working, Pete's probably right. Loose connection on the back of the cluster might be it.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

No bus means that the cluster isn't communicating with the computer. Which obviously is going to cause some weird issues. it may be a bad cluster or even a bad computer. but can also be just a bad connection. Disconnect the battery and clean all of the connections on the computer and the back of the cluster.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
            X