lets talk beadlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk beadlocks

I'm in the market for a new set of rims after rocking a bent one for 6000 miles.
    I don't want to rotate the bent rim to the front, sooooo its a perfect excuse to buy beadlocks. I have done DIY weld on beadlocks before with good results, but I hardly have time to do oil changes these days, so I just want something that works out of the box. I need opinions from you guyson which rims to get .

I was looking at raceline RT233 monster beadlocks, but the thought of rims that cost twice the price that I bought the jeep for is a bit silly. (But they would add some serious bling bling points, and aren't out of the question) So Im thinking steel wheels will do the trick for now and save me a few pennies. What is everyone's opinions on allied beadlocks. I like the soft 8 style and the D window style. (D windows are cheaper) I also looked into the aero wheels on summit and they are REALLY cheap, but im not convinced that they will take the abuse, and idk about 16 bolts holding the bead.

Are there any other good options out there that I don't know about?

Also, Im looking at 15 inch rims, but I don't know how wide to go. I'm running 12.5 wide tires on 8 inch wide rims right now and I have always liked the combo. now that im going to beadlocks, should I run a 10 inch rim now that there is less of a chance of losing the inner bead? Or stick with the 8 inch wide rim?

someone make up my mind so I can rotate my tires asap.
    K, thanks
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Ask Andrew about his aeros.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Allied beadlocks 15x8

Comment

method race wheels!

they're sick, this one is as close of a look to a black d window as you'll find by them.

http://www.methodracewheels.com/coll...ck-matte-black
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

You can get a Lifetime warranty on Trail Ready bead locks.
          This is why they would be my choice.
          http://www.trbeadlocks.com/

Other than that I don't know which ones are better than others.

Another option is to go with $60 steel wheels and inner-airlocks.
          Bend a rim/ replace for $60. Lighter and DOT approved.
          change bolt pattern, offsets, keep your bead locks.
          You can sell them as good as new just anyone with 15" rims.

I don't know if I would spend a lot of money on 15" rims.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

actually looking at it now it doesn't look like TRbeadlocks are double beadlocks.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Allied seems to have very competitive pricing. Trail ready isnt too bad and very nice. Thats what I have.
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I ran allieds when I had my black XJ, and I loved them. i was bending rims all the time. Never bent an allied, never lost an inner bead at 5-6 psi, never leaked and they are cheap. I got my 8 lug allieds for 999 shipped to my door.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Well 3 votes for allied and I pulled the trigger.
                  some choose projects

Comment

NOOOOOOO METHODS SAME PRICE ALUMINUM AND BETTER LOOKING!!!
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I can't picture a 15 inch method looking good. I really thought about it, but I just didn't like the way they look to begin with. Maybe if I had 17s.
                      And they are almost 100 Bucks more per wheel.
                      some choose projects

Comment

Anyone actually get these allied's to balance good enough to drive on the road?
                        some choose projects

Comment

Sam drove with his allieds across the country
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I have tried everything.... I'm kinda worried I got fucked.
                            When I ordered them they took a while and I never got shipping info..... So I called up and asked the status and they said they were completely out of stock and mine were being made at the time. They told me 2 weeks minimum before they shipped........

Well 2 days after talking to them on the phone the rims magically appeared. Without the center caps I requested and in a few different style packages. Giving them the benefit of the doubt I figured I'd wait a few days before I called. Well i still haven't gotten the center caps.

The wheels came with "rockathon" stickers on them. I technically ordered "Daytona" style allied's but I'm guessing rockathon is the old name.

Well I tried a few times to mount and balance them but they are soooooooo far outa wack, that it is unsafe to drive. I had bent rims on my jeep before and they drove 10x better than these.

I took a dial indicator to measure the run out of the inner part of the wheel while the jeep was in gear. Had about .25" wobble....... Only one of the rims are good. I'm not happy and obviously the rims are fucked.

I'm gonna call first thing tomorrow but I have a feeling they are going to tell me to get fucked seeing as they are clearly labeled all over " for offroad use only".

Really bummed because everyone I know has had good luck with them. I think they just sent me duds because I called and asked for an update.
                            Last edited by justtorchit; 04-06-2014, 09:13 PM.
                            some choose projects

Comment

Tell them they are visibly bent and you are refusing to even mount tires on them.

Be persistent, they obviously douched you by sending you a bunch of bad wheels and that's fucked up.
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X