JCR 1ton vs. Currie currectlync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCR 1ton vs. Currie currectlync

ok so im in need of a better steering setup and refuse to just replace the bad tie rods..

i like the stockish setup of the currie for its simple bolt in style and i would get the savvy ultimate tie rod that is only an extra 30 bucks but the down side is the 500 bones it costs and everytime i read one thing people say how great it is and others say the joints suck...

because of the clayton trackbar i just put on i really dont want to put an otk setup, has anyone on here ran the one ton utk on a d30 with after market diffs? does it hit the lower trac bar mount? im only running 3" of lift and if i go any taller it will only be a half inch at max!
    00 xj hp44 aussie lsd 5.38s, d60 welded 5.38s, 37" MTR Kevlars on 17" H2 wheels, chevy one ton steering, comanche rear leafs, 11" inch travel bilsteins in the front 14" in the rear

98 xj hp30 open 4.10s, 8.8 lsd 4.10s, 33" duratracs on 16" moabs, ruffstuff frame stiffeners, custom 3 link 3/4 heims for the upper and 1.25 for the lowers, f150 10" travel shocks in the front with 3" coils and yj brake hoses, an extra main leaf in the rear and 1.5" lift shackles in the rear

Go with a Wonton set up, beefy as fuck, I used to use mine to hit rocks all the time, and you can get the TREs in any parts store. You can buy do it yourself kits if you have a welder or know someone who welds
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Ive had jcr on my jeeps (3) with no complaints. I dont know if there is a huge difference with weld on kits vs. Threaded tube but its not too difficult to make your own

Comment

JCR on mine too.

I did the swap last year, bought the reamer and bits, and went OTK. Combined with the durango box, it is one of the best modifications I did. It took about 3 hours to install with taking time on the reaming and it incredibly simple to adjust.

There were 4 things I was looking for;
        - ease of finding replacement parts
        - adjustment complexity
        - strength
        - cost

The JCR kit beat out the Currie kit in all aspects.

Comment

I ran JCR 1-ton UTK steering on my 89 XJ and my 98 TJ. Never had a problem with that system on either one of my rigs. I never had to replace an end, but one of the draws to their kit is the availability of rod ends from any parts store.

Comment

i should probably have stated that this is my DD, my ultimate goal is to be able to go on a cross country trip, do some wheeling and drive it back...

i actually do have the one ton setup on my white jeep but otk so i already have the reamer and all i was just hoping it wouldnt sacrifice steering. the fact that i can go to the parts store to get replacments is something i like about it especially if i go on an epic adventure. the other thing is this drives so freaking well i hate to change things to much which is why i was considering the currie
            00 xj hp44 aussie lsd 5.38s, d60 welded 5.38s, 37" MTR Kevlars on 17" H2 wheels, chevy one ton steering, comanche rear leafs, 11" inch travel bilsteins in the front 14" in the rear

98 xj hp30 open 4.10s, 8.8 lsd 4.10s, 33" duratracs on 16" moabs, ruffstuff frame stiffeners, custom 3 link 3/4 heims for the upper and 1.25 for the lowers, f150 10" travel shocks in the front with 3" coils and yj brake hoses, an extra main leaf in the rear and 1.5" lift shackles in the rear

Comment

JCR on the XJ and ZJ. No complaints other than the dead spot in your steering gets a little bigger because of the drag link rolling the tie rod. There's a spacer JCR sells that helps, but won't make it go away. I ran the Currie on the ZJ for a while too- awesome setup, but as people above said the parts availability/ replacement parts price is ridiculous compared to 1-ton.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Both my 89 XJ and the 98 TJ made more than half a dozen trips between CT and MI with the JCR steering and both were daily drivers the majority of the time that I owned them. I think JCRs new kits all come with the spacer to help alleviate the deadspot from the getgo and they offer the spacer separately for people that have one of their old systems or they are using a similiar system made by someone else.

Comment

Go with a a heim set up no dead spot also very strong if you get good heims
                  2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD
                  im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

I had currie on one and I have wj setup, on my jeep now I would go with the wj knuckles and brakes and make your own tie rods usin the ruff stuff tre's
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                    X